Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Happy Valentines Day.........to J.C.



37 years ago, a huge floral bouquet showed up on the morning of our wedding day in June, 1975 with a small card and a handwritten note that said "meet me at the church today". That was the first love note of my married life. I have boxes of little love notes from our 42 years together, sometimes I have found them on my pillow beside my head when I wake up, sometimes in a robe pocket, often in my coffee mug, in my car, everywhere and anywhere. They always make me smile, even blush at times but they always got it right somehow.  Depending on what is going on that week, that month, that year these tiny notes can be funny, romantic, serious, sexy, even goofy at times but they are "us". Every couple who is together for years and years needs an "us'. Something special that lets you each know that everything is good with the two of you in this world together. 




Love Lock Bridge ~ Paris 2013

For some couples, it can be grand gestures, being swept off their feet but for "us' it has always been as simple as a small note. For a man of few words, he has always been able to get to the heart of the matter in our married life on small pieces of paper. When one of his blush-worthy notes was inadvertently seen by someone working in our home last year, I noticed he scaled back on the quantity and quality of their message. Even couples who have been married forever can't mess with romance. So just let me say this...........


Happy Valentines Day J.C. and  leave me some love notes again please..............
just for "us".





Wishing my readers a most wonderfully sweet Valentines Day. 






photos scanned by Sande Chase

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar