Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

When you have to go corporate....

ARGH.

The day has come. I can no longer dress like a punker. I knew it was going to happen but I didn't expect it to be so brutal.

I'm due to start teaching this year. This is fine. However teaching and my current wardrobe do not go. I'm more of a spikes, rips, tears and distressed kinda girl. The thought of having to go through my wardrobe and cull a lot of it, is distressing. I have to pack it all away.

I didn't realise that in my current line of work, having all those things in my wardrobe was fine. Accepted even. But now, I have to think, well, can I stand in front of a classroom in it? While there are people out there who are scoffing and thinking that they cannot and do not have to change their look for work - think about my piercings, hair colors and clothing while teaching kids. It's not going to work is it.

So I'm planning a shopping trip in August. This is to help me get a few more items that will become my teaching gear. Respectable, well mannered and well made gear that can help me teach without fear that I look like I'm about to go backstage with the drummer.

I'm thinking a Zara haul. I don't have to loose my complete personality - just tailor it a bit.








Most of this is stuff I would flick past instantly as it doesn't look 'edgy' enough. However a part of me is pissed off that its not black already. I still want to maintain my black aesthetic. Once a goth, always a goth. Also, black helps you to not stand out any worse then you already do when your 6ft tall in a nation of shorter people!!!

Incase anyone is wondering, my look will also be changing this year as well. My hair will be doing a final mad dye in the next month and going insane one more time. It will then be changed to brown. My lip ring already vanished this month. My septum will be vanishing up my nose in August as I love it so much that I don't want to loose it.  My ears will also have flesh plugs in them and my hair worn down if possible. I will also be tying scarves around my neck to hide my neck piercing.

I don't have any visible tattoos bar the one on my lower back - so yeah - that won't be on display anyway! I'm just worried about more conservative classes of students more then the university ones. I mean children. I can live without my pink hair and my studs....I think.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar