Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

THE DREADFUL DIARIES : Moving house officially sucks

So I am still in the middle of moving house hell.

I don't think you realise how much shit you have until you have to box it and ship it off to a new place. Oh and when that new place is much smaller then your normal place. I'm getting concerned about the lack of space. Especially the kitchen area as I kitted the whole thing out from kettle to spoons. I could have difficulty with this one. But as Wednesday, the official day dawns and there are still no keys in my hand - I'm getting restless for moving. I'm sick of waiting.
There is something really annoying about not having any clothes or selection of make-up because its all packed. I am not able to get to my books because, oh, they are all packed too!
The house is dirty and in need of a clean but I don't want to start until Wednesday as I need to move the boxes and clean bit by bit. I plan on moving room by room until its all done. I've got most of my wardrobe packed (well thrown into bin bags) and my make-up filing cabinet is almost completely done. I just have some dirty brushes to clean and move!!!
We celebrated the leaving of the house last night with wine and gin. It's been an emotional place to leave as I really loved it here. Room by room. I loved that this was MY space and always was MY space. The time just came to get real about it. I can't carry on living here. I will miss it and I will miss being able to nip next door to have coffee in the mornings and I will miss skipping out the door to the shop and being back in five minutes (well I wont miss that because I will now be across the road from two Tescos) but most of all I will miss the memories of being here.
Looking on the bright side of things. I will not miss the crazy high bills, the insane cold because the heating is broken and the long slighty dodgy walk through the slightly dodgy park in the dark at night when I get home. So there are positives! One of these days I will live in a house with working heating. I swear to god. I promise myself that.
On the other side of things, it is going to be nice to have money that allows me to actually update my wardrobe and enjoy life. Money is tight as a student and I've made sacrifices that include not eating, going to pubs for water when mates are drinking and not being able to do birthday parties that include paintballing because of the cost. But nevermind. I am happy. Content and with a much smaller and heated roof over my head and you can't say fairer then that.
XX0X0X00X0X0X0X0X

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar